Terms and Conditions
GOLD & CERAMICS – Terms and Conditions
1. These are the terms and conditions of Gold & Ceramics Dental Laboratory Pty Ltd (ABN 18 065 803 447) (herein after referred to as ‘G&C’ ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ or ‘it’).
2. We reserve the right to add to, delete or change these terms at any time. Any changes to our terms and conditions will be published on our website at
www.goldandceramics.com.au and you should refer to the website from time to time for any such changes.
3. Any instruction received by G&C from the customer for the supply of goods and services shall constitute acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein.
4. Upon acceptance of these terms and conditions by the customer, the terms and conditions are binding and can only be amended with the written consent of G&C.
5. G&C reserves the right not to accept an order for goods and services from a customer.
6. Credit is provided to the customer at the sole discretion of G&C, and can be withdrawn at any time. G&C reserves the right to request payment in advance from a customer.
PRICE and PAYMENT
7. The price of the goods and services provided shall be detailed in writing by G&C to the customer. Prices are subject to change without notification. A current price list can be obtained from G&C Customer Service.
8. GST and other taxes shall be added to the price, in accordance with relevant legislation.
9. Where credit has been provided by G&C, invoices are due for payment thirty (30) days from invoice date. Any balances outstanding over 30 days may incur interest and administration charges.
10. Payment can be made by credit card, electronic funds transfer or cheque. American Express credit cards currently incur a 3% surcharge, which is subject to change at any time.
11. The customer is responsible for the safe and timely delivery of jobs sent to G&C for processing. G&C takes no responsibility for jobs that are delayed, damaged or lost in transit to G&C. The customer is responsible for payment of all delivery costs to G&C.
12. Turnaround times for jobs are provided once the job has been received in-lab and is dependent on requirements for each case.
13. G&C is responsible for the delivery of completed work back to the customer.
14. G&C will only make delivery of completed work to the business address of the customer. G&C will not deliver completed work to a residential address.
15. G&C offers a ten (10) year guarantee on its in house milled Zirconia core material for any fractures or defects that may occur as a result of the manufacturing process. Where G&C agree to replace the product, the new item must be of the same material as the original. Substitute materials will not be accepted. The guarantee is subject to the following conditions.
a.The Guarantee is valid for the following products only (Products) from date of original invoice to the customer for the period specified below:
- Crowns (excluding fully milled zirconia and e.max) for a period of 5 years;
- Fully milled zirconia for a period of 10 years; and
- e.max for a period of 2 years
- Removable appliances for a period of 3 months
b. The damaged product must be returned to G&C for inspection.
c. The item will be remade for the customer for no charge, a postage and handling fee will apply tothe despatch of the replacement item.
d. The guarantee extends to the replacement product provided.
16. G&C reserves the right to void the guarantee, if in its sole judgment the damage has not been caused as a result of the manufacturing process.
17. There is no written guarantee on any other products. G&C will assess each case to determine whether a full or partial refund, or a replacement part will be provided.
18. G&C will provide goods or services to the customer based on the order sheet provided by the customer, and may from time to time discuss the case with the customer through email, or by telephone. The customer acknowledges that such discussions, and any representations by G&C, should be used merely as a guide rather than a definitive recommendation to adopt any specific action or treatment. Nothing transmitted in the course of such discussions shall constitute the establishment of a doctor-client-patient relationship between the customer and G&C. Responsibility for the diagnosis of a medical condition, and for the prescription of treatment planning or medicines, rests solely with the customer.
19. These Terms are governed by the laws of Queensland. No action or proceeding may be commenced or maintained in relation to the site, the Services or these Terms except in a court of appropriate jurisdiction in the Commonwealth of Australia.
PATIENT CONSENT FORM
20. The requirements of meeting both the legal and professional practice requirements of consent for treatment are a requirement when providing patient’s personal information.
21. For industry guidelines and forms please refer to the ADA Guidelines for Consent for Care in Dentistry form and Patient Consent Form. Both are available on our website. If you would like a copy please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org